Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepperoni, Garlic and Spinach Pizza? (pic)

Pigasso
Pigasso Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• Pigasso,
    How did you make that lovely edge? Did you add it after rolling the dough?

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    kk,
    Obvioulsy this isn't my pizza, but having made more than I care to remember, I can explain it for you. It is basically a braided edge. You take the edge of the dough after it is spun or pressed out into it's round, then you simply fold over a little bit of the edge onto it's neighbor, give it a little press, and repeat all the way around the edge.[p]You can also brush with a little Olive Oil and sprinkle some dried Oregano and Basil on the braided edge and it really makes it stand out.[p]HTH[p]P.S. That is a nice looking pizza they made.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Bobby-Q,
    My nieghbor is moving into a condo and he gave me his stainless electric pizza oven. It's just like new. My wife said, "Why did you take it? The egg makes a better pizza."[p]Yea, she's right. Anyway, I'll try to dress up the edge on my next pizza cause it does look good that way. I think it's worth the effort.

• Pigasso
    Pigasso Posts: 111
    kk, Bobby Q has passed on some good comments. I'll try and explain how I do this - although seeing the process is a whole lot easier![p]Roll the dough out an inch or two wider than usual. (for a 14" pizza, roll out a 15 - 16 inch round)[p]Lift up about an inch and a half of the dough on the edge, holding the dough between your thumb and index fingers of each hand. (You will now be holding the dough with your thumbs and index fingers facing each other),move your right hand in front of the left so that the fingernail of your right thumb is resting against the fingernail of your left index finger, lift your left hand over the right, give it a twist and smush it down! Repeat