Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Advice Please! ASAP

Options
fasteddiem
fasteddiem Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put a 7.5 lbs brisket on last night at 1:30 AM. The temp was at 250 (dome) and had been there for 15 minutes before I went to bed. Overnight the temp climbed to 295 and I'm not sure how long it has been there. I'm working on dropping the temp down to 250 but my question is should I take it lower after the time spent at 300? I really don't want to wreck the brisket. Any help would be greatly appreciated from the vast knowledge base that is the EggHeagForum! :cheer:

Thanks,

Eddie

Comments

• Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    It's all about the internal temperature of the brisket anyway. Take the temp back down and let it finish or let it continue at the present just don't over cook it. I personally would take the temp back down and check the meat temp pretty often. Don't worry about taking it off before you are ready to eat. You can either put it whole in the fridge or do like I usually do and wrap in in foil with a can of beef broth to keep it moist. It will be fine.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    300 is still low. Dont worry about it. But it will be done sooner most likely. Make sure you check it and catch it earlier
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    Well I just checked the temp and I'm already at 172...This is about where the plateau should happen which means there should still be a few more hours left. I wasn't planning on serving until about 630. With that long time to hold what are your thoughts...I don't think a cooler will keep that long (unless I put some heated bricks in the cooler with the brisket)...should I wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate? If so, how you you best warm it up without drying out? Any other thoughts would be appreciated!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Yer asking the wrong dude about brisket. :laugh:
    Maybe mainegg has some thoughts. I once followed gps to her house and hit every light and stop sign instead of the longer but faster route we shoulda taken. Thebrisket was moist and hot still

Hopefukoy the plateau is long. Drop temps if you can, 220-225 and that might drag iut the cook. Then foil and into a cooler to rest. That might soften the bark though
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante