Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for the help & first cook

Options
garcia77
garcia77 Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New to me large from Craiglist, finished the table late this afternoon. I didn't have time to get to Costco for steaks so grabbed some at Kroger which was a mistake. They looked great in the case but they turned out really tough. Pineapple soaked in vanilla Cruzan and brown sugar was great though.

Was able to fix the leak at the back of the dome using the search, had found info on resetting the lid and all is well. Going to get the table stained this week also.

I'm humbled by some of the great cooks and recipes I've seen here, thanks for sharing it all.

I finally have an egg!

2ezixsj.jpg
2qtll6d.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Congrats & nice table.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • wkygriller
    wkygriller Posts: 408
    Options
    Nice fetch on craigslist. One tip (just from what I have learned on here) You need the 3 green feet under the egg to cut down on the heat on the table.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    That's a good catch. I'll never forget the images of Ronno standing on the table to pull a hot egg out of its table before it could fall through the charred hole it burned over a 8 month time.
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    Options
    wkygriller wrote:
    Nice fetch on craigslist. One tip (just from what I have learned on here) You need the 3 green feet under the egg to cut down on the heat on the table.

He has it on what looks like a paving stone. In my experience, that is adequate.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Grats!! You are going enjoy it. It is the Ultimate Cooking Experience.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • garcia77
    garcia77 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have some feet on order, not sure about the paver being enough but being on the deck I'll play safe. :)
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    Options
    garcia77 wrote:
    I have some feet on order, not sure about the paver being enough but being on the deck I'll play safe. :)

That can't hurt but I have had my Egg on a paver stone on a table for years with no issue.