Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Burgers and chops

elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted pork chops, my husband wanted burgers....sorry no pics on the egg (this heat wave gives me the vapors and I didn't take time to snap photos today) :blush:

I've got watermelon chilling in the fridge for dessert! Love summertime. :kiss:

My chop (and our new favorite side dish - fresh corn, ernyin, mater, and okra)...
IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Sam's burger - we also had some Conecuh sausage....
IMG_2438.jpg
·

Comments

• fratefrate Posts: 35
    looks good. i love the onion stuck up in that burger!
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Elizabeth That pork chop looks great and the side dish sounds pretty nice too
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    LAWDAMERCEY GIRL! That is a TASTEE lookin meal!!! :)
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

As always a great looking cook Elizabeth, Your chop looks wonderful but I opted for burgers myself. It's been a long time since my last burger. :)

Blair

·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    elzbth, nice chop and burger! I agree with Beli :silly: , the corn side looks delicious. :)
    ·
  • Bama JBama J Posts: 19
    The conecuh sausage is the best!!!!
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,268
    All looks impressively good .. Do you have recipe for the corn?
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Good looking dinner Elizabeth!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Easy, easy, almost too easy. 8 ears fresh corn, 1 1/2 or 2 sweet onions (I like Texas 1015 and Vidalia), 2 fresh tomatoes, and as much fresh okra as you like.

I have egged the corn on the cob and find that I like the smokey flavor, but I also prepare it without egging. Slice/cream the corn, chop the onions, chop the tomatoes, and cut the okra to your taste - I prefer 1/2 to 1" pieces...

Melt 3 - 4 tablespoons unsalted butter in a skillet, add the corn and onions - saute until onions are translucent, add the tomatoes and okra and continue saute until cooked to your taste. Add salt & pepper to taste. You can add water if necessary - or if you prefer cream that works too. (I don't often add cream, and really try to watch the salt, but every now and again if I'm taking the dish to work to to a friend, I add cream to give it a nice, rich kick).

We really have come to enjoy this a lot - I'm planning to put some in the freezer this year, though I'm not sure how the okra will hold up.

I'm really not a cook who frets a lot about amounts, etc. I just go with what tastes good to me, and every now and then I get lucky. I hope you enjoy this dish!
    ·