Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Sunday Fajitas photo essay

fratefrate Posts: 35
edited 7:44AM in EggHead Forum
started the afternoon with some fresh mojitos. then we made some skirt steak and chicken fajitas ... marinade was a mix of olive oil, tequila, cilantro, jalapeño, cumin, oregeno, garlic. could kick up the flavor a bit but it was pretty good.

forgot to remove the membrane but it came off easily enough before slicing. will make sure to do that beforehand next time.

cooked steak about 2 mins per side over high heat. it was still a little chewier than i'd like. any advice?

then a crazy storm rolled and hailed where i was cooking just moments before!

thanks all!

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Good timing! :laugh:

Great looking cook too.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Great photos! Glad you finished before the hail storm....your fajitas look delicious.
  • crunkcrunk Posts: 94
    Great Pictures!! How long did you marinate the steak? I always try and marinate my skirt or flank steak a minimum of 8 hours...

Looks good though!

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,350
    Now that is impressive, including the hail.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,157
    Those are some great looking fajitas!

Where are you at, frate? I see a coozie with Texas on it and says gun shop, but don't know where it hailed this weekend. Not in my little corner of Dallas, thats for sure.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Good looking pics, thanks for sharing. I'm sure everything was great.