Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and chops

elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted pork chops, my husband wanted burgers....sorry no pics on the egg (this heat wave gives me the vapors and I didn't take time to snap photos today) :blush:

I've got watermelon chilling in the fridge for dessert! Love summertime. :kiss:

My chop (and our new favorite side dish - fresh corn, ernyin, mater, and okra)...
IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

Sam's burger - we also had some Conecuh sausage....
IMG_2438.jpg

Comments

• frate
    frate Posts: 35
    looks good. i love the onion stuck up in that burger!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Elizabeth That pork chop looks great and the side dish sounds pretty nice too
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    LAWDAMERCEY GIRL! That is a TASTEE lookin meal!!! :)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

As always a great looking cook Elizabeth, Your chop looks wonderful but I opted for burgers myself. It's been a long time since my last burger. :)

Blair

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    elzbth, nice chop and burger! I agree with Beli :silly: , the corn side looks delicious. :)
  • Bama J
    Bama J Posts: 19
    The conecuh sausage is the best!!!!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    All looks impressively good .. Do you have recipe for the corn?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Good looking dinner Elizabeth!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Easy, easy, almost too easy. 8 ears fresh corn, 1 1/2 or 2 sweet onions (I like Texas 1015 and Vidalia), 2 fresh tomatoes, and as much fresh okra as you like.

I have egged the corn on the cob and find that I like the smokey flavor, but I also prepare it without egging. Slice/cream the corn, chop the onions, chop the tomatoes, and cut the okra to your taste - I prefer 1/2 to 1" pieces...

Melt 3 - 4 tablespoons unsalted butter in a skillet, add the corn and onions - saute until onions are translucent, add the tomatoes and okra and continue saute until cooked to your taste. Add salt & pepper to taste. You can add water if necessary - or if you prefer cream that works too. (I don't often add cream, and really try to watch the salt, but every now and again if I'm taking the dish to work to to a friend, I add cream to give it a nice, rich kick).

We really have come to enjoy this a lot - I'm planning to put some in the freezer this year, though I'm not sure how the okra will hold up.

I'm really not a cook who frets a lot about amounts, etc. I just go with what tastes good to me, and every now and then I get lucky. I hope you enjoy this dish!