Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beachin it with the Mini

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I took the mini over to the beach, and made some of SSN686's shrimpburgers. I have been hungry for them lately. My first time making them, here they are on the mini~

P5294152.jpg

Thanks for the recipe, Jay. It is on his website. Served on those Hawaiian sweet rolls, the kids didn't want the wasabi mayo:

P5294153.jpg\\

The adults wanted the mayo and even some extra for dipping:

P5294155.jpg

Sunset at Clearwater Beach:

P5294148.jpg

Next, I was invited to Anna Maria Island for a few days, so again, the mini came along for the ride.

I made some duck breasts on the CI. Scored the skin and cooked it skin side down first, you want it to get all nice and brown before the flip:

P6014186.jpg

A friend swore he didn't like duck, but he tasted it, and he is now a duck convert!

What's not to like?

P6014189.jpg

I brought filets, cut them nice and thick~

P6014191.jpg

Forgot to bring my Thermapen!! Yikes!! But still cooked them to a perfect medium rare somehow on the 550 degree mini!

P6014192.jpg

I melted some Danish blue cheese for just a minute, then served with a port wine reduction drizzled over top~

P6014193.jpg

Served along with some ghostly looking white asparagus, rare to find them in the store here~

P6014190.jpg

A bird was hanging around the dock smelling the smoke~

P6024195.jpg

Someone spent some time making this mailbox look very Florida like!

P6024198.jpg

Thanks for looking.
·

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    stuck at work with peppermint candy :angry: I should not be on here at all!! that looks wonderful faith as always!
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Lookin Good Faith!
    I'm guessing it is hot enough out in the Florida sun that you use very little lump.. ;)
    ·
  • ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    what a great post--those filets look so good!
    ·
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 156
    Those fillets have incredibly marbling. Where did you get them at?
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    And where was my invite for this feast? :angry: :laugh:

It all looks great Faith
    ·
  • Tarpon65, I bought the whole tenderloin at Costco. It was way more marbled than I am used to from Costco. Everyone loved them.
    ·
  • Poolman, you know it's not that far and you are always invited. I will cut your filet extra thick!
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Wonderful looking meals Faith!!! Nice views as well. ;)
    Hope you are relaxed.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,920
    Thanks Faith. Now I have to drive into the city and get some duck :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,238
    Nice pictures, nice food. Thanks for sharing
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Wow, what a delicious medley of cooks. The duck looked amazing, after tasting that I think anyone would be a convert. Nice sunset. Thanks for sharing.
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Looks like you had a couple of enjoyable days. All the food looks delicious.
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wow! A great day at the beach....you ate much better than I've ever eaten on my trips to the beach!!! Fantastic pictures.... :laugh:
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Faith .. you sure know how to make a guy hungry! I haven't made duck breast on the egg.
    could you give me a link to Jay's site for the shrimp burgers?
    ·
  • Here ya go, Dale. It is listed at the bottom of all SSN686's posts, you just click on BGE cooks.

http://mysite.verizon.net/jct1013/id4.html
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I agree with Dale, I knew I would be drooling all over my keyboard if I read your post Faith. Amazing! Cooks by you, Julie up in Maine and a few others around here are only safe to view after a full meal, none of this empty stomach torture. Have a great weekend Faith, I have to go kill something that will fit on my medium egg after reading your wonderful post. :P

Blair

·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Thanks Faith!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,450
    Can I come to your house :laugh:
    WOW.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Faith you never cease to amaze me honestly, what a feast to the eye & palate, you & Frank have inspired me to take mi mini to the beach in Mustang Island TX at the end of the month.Never done it before, see how it goes...
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Now that's not fair.....I'm jealous of Paddy.....
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Faith: AWESOME, and I am not the least bit surprised!! You always do everything top notch! Perfect job on the duck, and those filets, what great marbling! I am sure your friends were thrilled when you arrived!! Everything looks fantastic! (You don't need no stinkin' thermapen!) :laugh:
    ·
  • Beli, you will love cooking at the beach. It is a natural to take the mini along. Please show us the pics, I will look forward to them. Have fun!
    ·
  • CobraCobra Posts: 110
    Kind of of topic to this post, but what is your mini in? I have been thinking of making a table/transporter and have been looking for ideas. Any chance you have posted, or can post a picture of your table?

Thanks
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    You did all that and you weren't even in your own kitchen?!?!?

Incredible! As I've come to expect of course. :)
    ·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Faith,
    That looks fun.The food is beach perfect.A great reason to have a mini.
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Very nice! Love the beef and duck.
    ·
  • Cobra, here you go, the table just thrown together with wood scraps, it has a hinge so it will fold open to fit in my trunk with the mini sitting in the hole during transport~

P8211211.jpg

P8211210.jpg

P8211215.jpg

Not too pretty, but it is functional.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Awesome pictures and food Faith! I've never seen filets that marbled.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    Great looking food, Faith !!! I made some of those shrimp burgers last week. To me, the wasabi mayo makes it work. I can understand why the kids might not like it though.

I've heard of Anna Marie Island all of my married life. That's where Pam's family would go fishing when she grew up in Bradenton. At that time, there wasn't a hotel (or anything) on the island.

The bird is a cormorant. We call them Water Turkeys.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • Everything looks great B)
    ·