Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked sausage

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a customer that wanted to buy some Scilian-Italian wine and cheese sausage that Kari and I made. I also wanted to try some smoke on a few. So andoullie was the second one.

Andoullie raw

Crackedmedfireboxanddinner005.jpg

The wine and cheese deliciousness raw

Crackedmedfireboxanddinner007.jpg

You can see the wine seeping as it cooks

Crackedmedfireboxanddinner009.jpg

3 hours later. Andoullie up front.

Crackedmedfireboxanddinner013.jpg

Crackedmedfireboxanddinner015.jpg

The andoullie is so dang peppery, not sure if I can dig it. Maybe in a chili. We had doubled the spices after the first to batches because they tasted bland. this is the only one that is over the top. Still fun to experement.

Some water pics of this mornings hike.

PalmerLakeResivoirsand025.jpg

PalmerLakeResivoirsand030.jpg

PalmerLakeResivoirsand043.jpg

PalmerLakeResivoirsand042.jpg

PalmerLakeResivoirsand012.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    OK, I'm confused (not that it takes much). :laugh:

what does this mean:
    "I have a customer"
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Molly,

You really do it up right out there. ;)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Soooo pretty!(all of it) :) Andouli is better(to me) mixed in jambalaya or gumbo,lessens the strength.Pretty harsh on it's own. :)
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Run, don't walk to the store, grab a little dry ice, package the peppery stuff in a box with the dry ice and ship it here. It'll be tough sacrifice, taking it of your hands and all, but what are sisters for?
  • SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options
    What are you using to grind your meat?
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Dan, I sell food as a side gig. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Good times Adam! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Think I'll try breakfast sausage gravy also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ha! You'll have to wait my dear. :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    that's 'dam' impressive.
    nice :)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Has a new gig :woohoo:

Just kidding B)
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    looks good. I have been playing with recipes as well for sausage making. It is a big enough curve to getthe right taste that you expect. The only one that i would not change is my dirty sausage recipe. And if you would i'd like to get your mixes on these that you made.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Hoss, please feel free to pass along recipes for Andouille use B)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Which wood did u use? Did it add more depth?

Used some chorizo links in paella Thursday night during rain storm......inside cook :blink:

Also used a lot of La Bomba :laugh:

Good on it's own, but didn't lend much spice to dish, unlike the eggs and chorizo did the next day (that you and I had) :unsure:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Two are in the recipe section already B)
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Great Job on the sausage Molly.It pays to play around with recipes.Look out Jimmy Dean! :)
    Nice pics too!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Mike, It could be simply that the pepper was a large grind.
    I'll get off my ars and post those recipes in a bit. I'd be interested in your dirty recipe also.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nice area to hike. Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    3 cherry and 1 pecan. It did add a nice something something. B)
    Probably to many flavors going on in that dish...I'm guessing. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Rather bland, actually :(
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Jon. Close to your hood, around Sundance Mt., and the resevoirs in Palmer Lake.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Molly they look tasty!I have two shoulders in the fridge that are destined for suasage.I can't decide if I need another batch of Chorizo or if Brats and cajun are up again.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Under pork.
    Enjoy!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"