Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

simple white garlic pizza

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,758
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
9f7025f0.jpg
<p />the cupboards are pretty bare lately, but this is as easy as it gets. next time a little lower temp, say 425instead of 525. roasted garlic, garlic oil, italian herb sample from penzeys and mozzerella on a fast rise dough.
54177f30.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning fishlessman:[p]Looks great! Also did a couple of pizza's over the weekend. Here is the "meatlovers" just before closing the dome. We really like the Penzeys Italian seasoning. I usually sprinkle some on the dough before adding the toppings and then some more on the cheese on top.[p]P3260009.jpg[p]And here it is after about 10 minutes. It was half white sauce and half red sauce, with ham, ground beef, bacon bits, garlic flavored shredded mozzarella with shredded asiago also. Then topped with sliced fresh mozzarella.[p]P3260013.jpg[p]I think I like the white sauce side better than the red.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p][p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fishlessman
    Options
    SSN686,
    what temp did you cook it at, mine needed to cook a little longer on top, but the bottom was already darkening. mine was major garlic, two whole heads, with garlic oil in the dough as well as on top

fukahwee maine

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    SSN686,
    Penzeys makes a pizza seasoning, does a good job of boosting flavor.[p]What is white sauce other than being white?[p]

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning fishlessman:[p]These two were probably somewhere between 500 and 520. Don't remember for sure, but I'm sure it was just slightly above 500 when I put it on and it probably dropped slightly while taking the pic.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Clay Q:[p]I use a bottled Alfredo sauce. I don't remember the brand, but was bought at Publix. Check the spaghetti sauce aisle and there should be at least a half-dozen varieties of Alfredo sauces. HTH[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SingleMalt
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Just curious. What exactly is a white sauce (for pizza)?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    2005232937.jpg
    <p />Single Malt,
    my sauce was just roasted garlic,2heads of garlic, and garlic oil spread with a spoon over the dough. not really a sauce, just sweet roasted garlic. put some italian herb seasoning under the cheese, and some more after the pizza was cooked on top

fukahwee maine

• terrafirmay
    Options
    Single Malt,
    White pizza doesn't have "white sauce." It's white because it doesn't have tomato sauce. White pizza is made with cheese and oil. Garlic oil and herbs would be good on it. And straying just a bit: fresh, garden tomatoes and fresh basil are not part of a classic white pizza recipe but "they are good eats."

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Single Malt,
    Although not a true white pizza, for variety I will use blue cheese or ranch dressing with olive oil for the sauce. Toppings could include fresh herbs,roasted garlic, onion, artichokes, clams, and smoked chicken . I usually limit the toppings to two (excluding the cheeses).[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Single Malt,[p]There are several white sauces that can be used for this type of pizza. Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, warmed cream cheese, and my favorite which is ricotta cheese. A good place to look for the white pizza recipes is cook.com[p]Dave

• db
    db Posts: 103
    Options
    Single Malt,
    Try cream cheese thinned with sour cream.