Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stocked up on RO lump today

Options
walrusegger
walrusegger Posts: 314
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hit Restaurant Depot today for a few reasons:
1. Hadn't been there in a while
2. Needed meat for more practice for my recently assembled BBQ team that will debut in July
3. A fellow egger asked if I'd pick him up some of the quality and much cheaper RO in bigger bags

Got ten bags, a brisket, two butts some spares, sweet italian sausage and a big bag of jalapenos for ABTs.

I'll try to remember to take some pics of tomorrow's practice cooks. We're going to start boxing them too for presentation, so I may call on some of you pros for constructive criticism.

Happy Friday eggers and if you're anywhere near DC, hope you're enjoying the beautiful weather today.

lump.jpg

Comments

• huevo loco
    huevo loco Posts: 22
    Options
    Wow, what a haul! Looks like it's time to get cooking :)
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    Just checked the flyer, $7.99 a bag is a good deal. I pay about $6 give or take @ Wally World for 8#'s. Now I just have to figure out how to get a membership :unsure: .

Happy Egg'n!

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sounds fun! Look forward to the pics.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • DanB
    DanB Posts: 44
    Options
    Well, it's not quite the deal you got, but you motivated me to take the truck to The Restaurant Store in Wilmington DE today to get a few bags at $9.99 per. Still a bit better than Walmart's price.

- dan