Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Dome Thermometer

jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
edited 10:40AM in EggHead Forum
Do you guys take your dome thermometer out when you're finished cooking? I figured it should be weather proof and leave it in.

We've had a lot of rain lately and now my thermometer is all fogged up. You know how a watch face looks when you get water inside it?

I keep a cover on my egg at all times.

I've only had it about six months. Should I see if I can exchange it?

Being a thermometer for an outside unit, shouldn't it be weather resistant?

Comments

• asianflavaasianflava Posts: 313
    I leave it in. It does get condensation in it but it clears up.
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    You can drill a VERY SMALL hole in the back of your thermometer to let it "breathe".
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Yep, I drilled a small weep hole in the bottom and have not noticed any condensation since :)