Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beef Grading

TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I often see posts about the grade of beef someone bought. I was born into the beef industry and know just enough to be dangerous trying explain the differences. I did leave and strike out on my own many years ago so haven't been around the industry in a very long time. Not much difference between a Prime- cut and a Choice+ cut but a lot of difference a Prime+ and Choice-. Did a little searching on the net and found this site that explains the grading where it is fairly easy to understand. Hope it is of interest to at least a few. Mike

http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading.html
·

Comments

• SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    Thanks... now I feel dumber! :blink:
    ·
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Me too! :laugh: Notice the whole carcass is judged by the marbling of the ribeye between the 12th and 13th rib and that is a judgement call by the USDA inspector that is on duty at that plant at that time. I'm sure all inspectors across the US have the same 'eye'. :lol:
    ·
  • SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    No doubt... you think with the technology there is they would have a probe that they stuck up the cows ares or something equivalent. :lol:
    ·