Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new twist on mashed potatos

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
a few days ago we were watching this guy named kevin garvin who has a cooking show on one of the more obscure cable networks (TV - ONE). .. he is making cornbread mashed potatos. ..they looked good so we gave it a try tonight. .. basically, whip up a skillet of cornbread. ..then make good old fashioned creamy mashed potatoes (with milk/cream/butter), then crumble and stir in cornbread til you get the taste combination you are happy with. . ..[p]dang they were good. ..the whole family voted these a big winner. .. will definitely do them again.. ..

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    That sounds great! Apparently, even an old geezer like you can find a good recipe sometime :-)[p]Good night old man.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    weil, you see, its all part of my general philosophy of life, laying on the sofa, saving heartbeats by watching cooking shows. . .finding recipes to try on the stove or on the egg. . ..it just all fits in with egging and eating .. [p]mad "folicly challenged" max[p]:-)

• Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome, I'll have to try that idear with some Mexi - jalapeno cornbread. With some meat , your talking a full meal here. Let's see what would go good with Mexi - Jalapeno Cornbrad Mashed Potato Cassarole??? Beef short ribs it is.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Greendriver,
    bet the jalapeno cornbread would work really well also... and i'll bet you're correct about them going good with short ribs. .. ours sure went well with the ham. . yummy