Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Garlic stuffed pork

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thank you Poot :)
IMAG0380-2.jpg
very simple raws :) garlic. 3.5 lb boneless pork roast, 2 heads of garlic.
IMAG0381-2.jpg
sliced a tiny slit and poked in the garlic cloves
IMAG0382-2.jpg
rubbed with magic butt dust!
IMAG0383-2.jpg
on to the egg 350 indirect with two bakers
IMAG0389-2.jpg
should have dropped down to 300-325 and gone a bit slower to cook the garlic more but was in a hurry LOL very good! the left overs will be sliced thin on the slicer for lunch meat. ;)

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    That looks great Julie! Thanks to you and Poot both, I gotta try it :) :cheer:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good, Jules! I've only done that with tenderloin. Slice the cloves instead of whole, and stuff 'em in paring knife slits (the only thing a paring knife is good for hahha). Excellent flavah!

You're just now getting lilacs?! Lordy!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    yum, looks tasty and pretty too ;) . Thanks for the post
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Michael why do you think I have been whiny about the weather???
  • Mainegg
    Options
    You can just give me the credit Frank :) Poot will just forget anyways :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    About as simple as it gets Joan :) any rub is good and I had a coffee based one I almost used but I needed to do a little sucking up to ol' Poot :whistle:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Darlin', I just figured you were a whiner. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    We got ours yesterday here, you are not alone.

Doug
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Looks great Julie! But then everything you cook looks great. Funny how every time you or Faith post I know I'm going to be hungry soon! :laugh:

I have put garlic in many a roast beef as Carolina Q says and always get great flavor but as you say the garlic has never cooked enough. I wonder if it just takes more heat to cook the garlic properly then the meat? If you got the garlic cooked enough would the meat be toast? :blink:

I wonder if you could roast the whole bulb of garlic and then insert the roasted cloves? Just a thought . . . with a little gravy on the side . . . now I have made myself hungry! :)

Blair

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Gator, I think I would soften the garlic some in the microwave. A minute on med should start the whole cloves cooking, but still be firm enough to insert in the meat. ...just a thought
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Mainegg, that looks fantastic! Do you have a recipe for the "Rub Your Butt" rub or is it available commercially?

Jeri
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Nice color on the pig Julie. About how long did it take? Doing two loins tonight real quick to slice or chop for sandwitches.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I figured 15 min a pound and pulled at 135 the rest brought it to just over 140. perfect
  • Mainegg
    Options
    The Rub Your Butt Is from Pork Butt Mike..... I am going to use what is left very slowly though as I am sure he has forgotten how he made it... :whistle:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I bet that would work Joan!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    i think it would be to soft if you roasted it first Blake... but a little cook might not be bad. not sure if this is going to be good to slice for sandwiches for Neill or not LOL no one will be able to stand him :sick:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Magic meal!
    How did you get those cloves of garlic that deep with little slits?? Mine always pop out cause can't get them in very deep :blink:
    How did you get that stretchy stuff off so smoothly?? I always end up with most of the bark stuck onto the fake string stuff :sick:
    Must have something to do with all that hooking B)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Nice looking piece of pork there Julie. As for the garlic I crush them some but still able to push down in the meat. It looks Mighty fine, Neil did a great job on the roast, I hope you enjoyed it. :P
  • Mainegg
    Options
    today ends in "Y" poot :evil:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    must be those new knives LOL slices like buttha :)
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    That Poot sure can make some rub. :woohoo:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!