Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Argentinian Beef

EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
edited 11:46PM in EggHead Forum
Hello to all,

cooked today a Maminha, a cut close to the rump of an Argentinian beef. This cut actually had a very nice fat cap:

P1030105.jpg

P1030106.jpg

salted.

P1030109.jpg

cooked first direct:

P1030110.jpg

P1030111.jpg

resting before slicing:

P1030112.jpg

slicing:

P1030115.jpg

P1030117.jpg

P1030118.jpg

P1030119.jpg

P1030120.jpg

Comments

• Looks amazing, did you only do direct with this?
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Looks good ;) Was it tender looks it? Did you do any indirect? What was total cook time?
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    Austin Egghead wrote:
    Did you do any indirect? What was total cook time?

I satret direct (gave it a sear) and finished indirect. All in all it took approx 50 minutes.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,928
    That ia a work of art...
    Looks very much like a Tri-Tip. Same grain texture and also the grain angle change.
    Always forget if the Tri-Tip is the top or bottom of the sirloin cap.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • That looks super tasty. And yes, it looks like a tri-tip cut. If we could only taste things on the forum, my life would be perfect.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,620
    If we could only taste things on the forum,

I'd be sitting here for the rest of the day tasting that slab of deliciousness. :silly:
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Awesome looking cook, I like the idea you left it whole and cooked right on the grate. Good Eats