Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So Cal EGGfest pics

So Cal EGGhead
So Cal EGGhead Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is the link to view all of the pictures we took at our EGGfest. Click on a picture and the slideshow should start.

http://socaleggfest.com/what-is-egg-fest/photo-gallery/category/5-2011-eggfest

It was a beautiful day and there were many tasty treats cooked all day. Thank you to all who attended, and a special thanks to our cooks. Amazing!

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    That was a great group of photos with so many types of food. You put on a great event.
    What was the white,linen wrapped products cooked on the coals? Why the foil around the fire ring?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    379 pics, I think you set a new record, thanks for sharing. -RP
  • I have issues. What I did for the last two years is hire a photographer. I never seem to take enough pictures and I miss out on all of the cooks and fresh food. She did a great job this year.

I am sorry that there are so many, but it makes you feel as if you were there.
  • There was a ton of good food this year! The bar towel BBQ method was the most interesting. They took moistened bar towels and layered it with salt. Then they wrapped meat in the towels (pork loin, tri-tip, short ribs) and put it directly on the coals. It was very interesting and quite tasty.

Steve Raichlin does similar things on Primal Grill.

I asked about the foil, and the response was that they did not want to ruin the gasket for the new demo egg owner. Nice guys!
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    A lot of great pics! How many people were in attendance?
  • Attendance was at about 360 people, plus the cooks and staff. A total of about 450 people. It was an amzing event this year. The wether made it all worth while, as we did it in September for the past 2 years. Moving it to a cooler month really made a huge difference.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Thank you very much and great job again on catching so many great photos.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Wow! Great pictures and it must have been a wonderful time. Thanks for so much sharing.
    BTW, I was supposed to let you know how I liked my new Thermapen. Well, the weather finally broke a bit and I used it on a nice tri-tip and a 5.5 lb whole chicken. It is very impressive, let me know how I was doing all the way.
    Highly recommended!

:laugh:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • DANG - I missed that event - - - I went to another thing called the Maker Faire in San Mateo. Kinda geeky, but still very cool - it was neat to meet one of the guys from Myth Busters (Grant Imahara) in person! And - another tech celebrity - "Circuit Girl" Jeri Ellsworth........

8c151652.jpg

Maker Faire is at http://www.makerfaire.com

Anyways - I still was able to go get my THIRD large BGE at The Store!

Hopefully I will be able to make it and go as a "Cooker" in 2012.... that seems so far away. Let's have another one sooner!!!!!
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Looks like a fun day!

I would love to know the exact 'recipe' and instructions for that towel wrapped meat.