Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Mr Poot

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was wondering if you could help me with something...... that wonderful pork roast you do with all the garlic poked into it?? would you share?? I picked up a nice roast this morning and thought of you :)
Picture911.jpg
bet you were scared that it might be THAT pic huh?? :evil:

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Poot please answer. THAT LOOKS GOOD...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hmm, I thought he wasn't speaking to you. :laugh: :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    I remember that roast! That was GOOOOD!!!!! :woohoo: (And it kept the vampires away, too! :laugh: )
  • Mainegg
    Options
    It was good Mickey!! and that was our very first fest :)
  • Mainegg
    Options
    He will Q B) he wont be able to stand it :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    well we do agree that ol Poot has done a few good things LOL anything that keeps the Vamps away can't be bad....
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Julie:

He had planned on doing that with the pork loins at the Georgia Mountain EggFest...BUT he left the garlic at the hotel (this is after not bringing any and buying some once we got there)...tough when the memory goes at so young an age as Poot!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Mainegg
    Options
    AAAhhhhh so maybe I CAN share the Hair shot of Old Poot...
    if his memory is failing that bad he will forget all about it by dinner time!!! :woohoo:
    SO let me make sure I have this right.... he PLANNED on doing the garlic pork roast before he left home from FL headed to GA.
    and THEN he bought Garlic cause he forgot that at HOME in FL??
    AND THEN he forgot that second bunch of garlic at the hotel.....
    is this the right order of things...... :huh:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    AND he usually does not drink the adult stuff!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I think he skipped adult Richard and went right from child to senior....
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    My valued diagnosis, and I can say that because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, is a case of sometimers disease. :silly: :laugh: :lol:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Julie:

Yep...you got the total order of the "forgetfulness" correct!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    The disease is actually called CRS [Can't Remember Sh%t]!! :laugh: :P :woohoo:
    I know cause I have it big time and my bride [an RN] reminds me daily :laugh:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Have your wife check it out, sometimers progresses into CRS, if I remember correctly.... and sometimes I can't remember S**# :blush: . :silly:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    OK everyone, if I forget something, I don't remember if I did. Ha Ha

Pork roast with a little garlic. :woohoo:

1. Use a very small pairing knife, try to keep the holes small. Once you clean your cloves crush them a little to let out all that good stuff. Shove the whole clove down in the holes you made in the roast.

Then put your rub on, (Rub My Butt) on all over, I put it on heavy.

Let stand out at room temperature and let the rub turn wet.

Egg set up: Indirect between 250 to 300* .

I pull my roast off between 135 to 140* internal tops.

I like to have it in the center a little pick. And yes it's ok to be a little pink. Then let rest for a bit and slice.

Left over roast the next day I throw on the slicer and cut thin and makes great sandwiches. Enjoy

PS: yes Julie you did scared the SH^$ out of me. You can't post that picture.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    oh poot... poot, poot, poot..... Neil and I have been married 30 years now and it only took him about three MONTHS to figure out that I do not do well with orders..... oh poor Poot