Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

hamburger pizza with pineapples

outrageousoutrageous Posts: 539
edited 9:03AM in EggHead Forum
bummmed out on pork, chicken and steak this past weekend... so cooked a simple pizza with salsa, hamburger, vidalia onions, pineapple and mozzerella cheese. not a bad simple middle of week meal.

before going on egg at 485

2011-06-01_18-54-48_175.jpg

before slicing

2011-06-01_19-04-15_996.jpg

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Nice looking pizza. Salsa, interesting twist.

Love, hamburger and hamburger/sausage and pineapple pizza.

GG
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 539
    gg... we like salsa better than tomato sauce... even using the small can of sauce we always throw some away. salsa is easy, different flavor and always in the frig..
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Never though of using it. I will have to give it a try I imagine it will offer a unique taste. That gives me another idea, I am also going to try 'Home Made' (brand name) chili sauce.

Love getting these new ideas. Thanks for the post.

GG
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Nice looking pie Paul, Good Eats

I do the same thing when we get tired of meats, I like doing up Calzones.