Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken Lid

locolongball
locolongball Posts: 414
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I dropped my lid for the large egg. Does anyone know what the damage is going to be for a new one. Went Tradional with Easter.. did one of the best smoked hams I have ever tasted. [p]Happy Easter.

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    locolongball,[p]Are you talking about the rain cap at the top, or the dome? I hope it's just the rain cap...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• locolongball,
    If it is the rain cap, your dealer should give you another one like mine did.[p]Jerry

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    locolongball, I'm assuming the worst that you in fact broke your dome. That will run you 84.95 according to this one source. I don't know if your dealer can get it cheaper, but you may be able to piggyback on his next order and save on shipping that way. Is it shattered or can you piece Humpty back until a new dome comes?

[ul][li]new dome[/ul]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • EggerinMO
    EggerinMO Posts: 49
    RRP,[p]Outdoor home is here in my hometown of Springfield,MO and where I purchased my egg from your more than likely will be able to call and "deppending on your negotiating skills" get a better pirce than what is online[p]EggerinMO[p]

L and MM

Egging in the Ozarks

• QBabe,[p]LOL, sorry.. I'm talking about the rain cap. If it was the dome, everyone could hear me crying from miles around.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    locolongball, I've never even had one!! You really won't miss it. That MPDW covers it all and it won't break.

• QBabe
    locolongball,[p]Phew! Glad to hear that! [p]For now, when you're done with your egg, if you want to shut the fire down quicker, take a good sized piece of aluminum foil. Fold it, so it covers the vent opening at the top of the egg, with some hanging down the sides. Then, cover the foil with your daisy top. It'll be a more effective way to shut things down, than just using the daisy. You CAN just use the daisy, but it's not quite so airtight and will use up a bit more charcoal. [p]Tonia

• locolongball,[p]I broke mine the second day I had my egg so yours lasted much longer than mine did. I just have a standard clay pot with no hole in the bottom that I place over the wheel when the cooking is done. It seals off the airflow and I can just leave the wheel on all the time and not worry about it rusting. Works great!
  • QBabe,[p]That makes me wonder something... My rain cap is fairly loose and poor sealing. What if I were to add a circle of felt to the inside of the cap? That might make it seal better to snuff the fire.
    hmmmm...[p]Joe

• QBabe
    eggecutioner,[p]Been there, done that! Works like a charm...[p]Tonia