Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finished Brisket

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brisket5.jpg
<p />It ended up more like a chopped beef....it was so tender that I couldn't even cut it...not dry. The yellow color on the meat is the drippings that I just poured on the meat out of the foil wrap. The Balsamic gave it a really great taste.[p]Happy Easter
Mike

·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Lawn Ranger,
    I like shredding my brisket more than slicing. Especailly when cooking a whole brisket.
    Happy Easter to you guys as well.[p]Mike

·
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    Car Wash Mike, I'm waiting on mine now. Bout #4. Been at 158° for about an hour already. Started at 11:00.
    ·
  • ZekeZeke Posts: 90
    Lawn Ranger, I wished my brisket would turn out so nice. I cooked one last year and that was the last. The meat was hard as a rock and too dry to eat. Oh well...

·
  • SigmoreSigmore Posts: 621
    Zeke, Take it as a lesson learned and try again. It's like going to school but no one knows but your family "test subjects". This is my first brisket today. Started at 11:00. Dome 225° to 250°. Right now just got to 159° and holding. Still feels mighty tough, according to the Thermapen, and I will wait till 200°. Brisket around #4.

·
  • ZekeZeke Posts: 90
    sigmore. One Lent is over, May 1st. I'll give it another whirl. I hope your brisket comes out perfect.

·