Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cinnamon Buns/pics

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cinnamon buns are a tradition around here and the family loves them. I usually do about 30 trays of them at Christmas time. Today I decided to do them for my daughters birthday breakfast, last one at home before she gets hitched, and also decided to try them on the BGE. [p]The Egg came through with flying colors. Got a good clean fire going and they came out great. I might have to do these at Eggfest to go along with the great breakfast that I hope Wess and Max are doing again (hint, hint) [p]375° preheated
cb1.jpg[p]20 minutes later
CB2.jpg[p]Cooled and starting to put on the cream cheese/butter frosting
CB3.jpg[p]Ready to eat
CB4.jpg[p]Have a great Easter everyone[p]Chuck[p]

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Chuck,[p]Yum![p]Cornfed
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Chuck,
    They look great, and breakfast will definately be happening again this year.[p]Wess

• Drivr
    Drivr Posts: 163
    Options
    Chuck,
    your not going to just tease us with the pictures are you? I want a recipe, instructions, directions to your house...Please....

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Chuck,[p]Those look fantastic! Yum. Looks like a great breakfast idea for the Texas Eggfest too. Nothing beats baked goods on the egg. Please post the recipe![p]Happy Easter to all
    [ul][li]Texas Eggfest Website - Register Today![/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chuck,
    Those look fantastic. Happy Easter to you.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chuck,
    dang those look good. ..are they from scratch or a package??[p]when is that girl getting married? . ..we still on tap to do flank steak rolls??[p]finally, yep, i'm planning on doing breakfast this year again. .. i've been working on a good potato hash with leftover diced up prime rib. .. .good stuff. ..[p]lookin forward to seeing you and cathy again. . .

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chuck,[p]Now, that'll bring a girl right to her knees! WOW![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Chuck,[p]Those rolls look great. E-mail me a pan.[p]Dave

• Chuck
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Thanks Max. They are from scratch, the dough recipe is mostly from the cookbook that comes with Kitchen Aid mixers. The icing is a recipe I came up with. I will post the recipes when I het a minute.[p]Looking forward to your potatos again. I did a potato hash with some leftover pulled pork yesterday that was pretty good.[p]The wedding is June 25th but the Flank Steaks aren't on the menu unfortunately. If it was up to me I would have had them get married in May and had the reception at Eggfest :-) Alas I was overruled. I may be doing them for the rehearsal dinner though depending on the son to be's family, thay are paying for that.[p]See ya soon.[p]Chuck

• Chuck
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I will try to get the recipe posted in a day or two.[p]Chuck[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Chuck,
    sounds like you've learned your place as father of the bride. .. "be quiet and have the check book ready" . .. .LOL . .. [p]oh well, whatever they end up eating can't be as good as if you and i rolled flank steaks all day. ..[p]whatever, i'll bet its going to be a great event. . .can't wait to see the group invitation posted here on the forum. ...heeeeee[p]at least they aren't interfering with eggfest or local competitions. ...