Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Northern VA Craigslist Egg (Large)

BarManBean
BarManBean Posts: 129
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think the asking price is too much (seems to be about retail around here, if you do your homework)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/2412005175.html

Has a lot of eggcessories and is looking to upgrade to an XL. If you're interested you may be able to make an offer...?

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Looks to be around $1100. value plus tax but, no lifetime warranty. :(

I would think you could get a better deal buying a demo egg. That way you will get the warranty.
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Yeah i saw this one. I have had my Egg for about a month or so and I am already trying to justify a second one so i can get rid of stainless monster. This one doesnt seem like a great deal. Good deal maybe.
  • walrusegger
    walrusegger Posts: 314
    I happen to stumble upon that yesterday as well...way too high IMO. Hell even in our expensive area, you can get brand new eggs with those accessories for less than that.
  • BarManBean
    BarManBean Posts: 129
    I agree...price way too high, but figured I'd throw it out there. If someone is really interested they might be able to offer 750 or 800 and see what happens. That would be a pretty good deal with all the accessories.

I just bought mine for a good price and am happy that I have the warranty, wouldn't want to trade that for a lot of accessories, personally...
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Yeah in my area in MD i can buy a brand new Large for $639 without any accessories so i have to find someone who is looking to sell fast for Egg #2 for me.