Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenda Rub Marinade????

CaptDave
CaptDave Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever heard or used this liquid rub/marinade.

The claims are, light brushing and on the grill. No need to remove membrane, no need to foil, just light brushing two or three times during the grilling and the ribs come out tender and juicy.

Any experience or comments?

Comments

• CaptDave
    Oh, forgot to mention, this is a commercially bottled product. The price seems kinda high, so wondered if anyone has used it before I buy.
  • Vanzo
    Vanzo Posts: 125
    Dang, that would take all the fun out of egging!!

Vanzo
  • CaptDave
    LOL, you're right I guess! I looked at the ingredients and first listed is canola oil, then egg yolks, then citrus juices (lime and lemon) and spices, etc.. any thoughts?
  • I use tenda rub every time I cook ribs. The egg can only hold so many slabs so I use a regular grill too. When I cook ribs for others I just use their grill. It really turns out some nice tender juicy ribs in just about one hour. I usually get several jars fron the Kroger stores in Peachtree city. You have to buy a whole case from the website and each jar of tenda rub runs about 7 bucks. It's only $6 in Kroger and I don't have to wait. I cover the ribs with tenda rub before i put them on the grill. Then I brush kinda heavy on each side about 4 times during the first half hour. You can't let them dry out and you have to keep them away from flames. Eggers know that. The ribs suck the rub in pretty fast, and if you let the ribs dry, the rib juice will leak out. The ribs won't be as tender. It is pretty amazing. I was a skeptic, but now I am a die hard tenda rub fan. Can't wait for tailgating season.
  • I forgot to say that tenda rub flavor is very mild. It recommends that you sprinkle your own special preference of dry rub on the meat before you cover the meat with Tenda rub. You can get some real interesting flavors out of ribs. The instructions recommend sprinkling the ribs with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cumin. That is the blend I use. Get's rave reviews every time. People don't even want sauce. Tenda rub plus the big green egg, a winning combination.