This takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and the combination of Mexican Sausage and Creole style bean flavors makes for a interesting and quick one dish dinner; serves 4.
• 2 Cups - Instant White Rice
• 1 Lb. Chorizo Sausage, sliced into 1/4" pieces
• 1 Can - Creole Style Red Beans
• Fresh Garlic, Minced
• 1/2 Vidalia Onion, diced
1. Bring BGE Up to Temp and boil lightly salted water in a 4.5 Qt E.H. FlameTop Stew Pot, add rice and cook until done. Empty into a Emile Henry Ceradon® Table & Ovenware rectangular dish and set aside.
2. Drizzle EVOO in sauce pan/ CI skillet over medium heat on the BGE
and brown chorizo until done
3. Dump the beans into the skillet while still on the BGE and stir until heated through
4. Spoon over rice and serve.