Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great weekend on the egg

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can tell from the posts I have been catching up on that many of you had great weekends on the Egg. I really got the most out of the weekend with grilling and quite a few other activities too. I have a few photos to share. One of the things we talked about last night was how great it was to be able to prepare whole meals on the Egg without heating up the house. Most of what we cooked was very simple and very delicious. I hope you enjoy the photos.

Friday night started with basic dogs and brats... no pics, but you have seen all that before.

Saturday we got some great swordfish from the fish monger and I grilled that up on a bed of lemons with fresh dill and grilled asparagus on the side.
Other_Seafood%25252018.jpg

Other_Seafood%25252020.jpg

Sunday morning my Dad come over for breakfast and I made Paula Deen's French Toast recipe. Very tasty and the recipe is available on Food Networks site. I made a half batch.
Other_Misc%25252066.jpg

Other_Misc%25252067.jpg

Sunday night I totally copied a recipe from another forum for quesadillas and grilled corn by just looking at the post. I did change the andouille for chorizo and I used cotija cheese on the corn.
Pork_Other%25252041.jpg

Pork_Other%25252042.jpg

Other_Sides%25252048.jpg

Sunday I was doing some all American pork chops and the wife wanted to add a fresh berry salsa. We had grilled veggies on the side. The salsa was easy and very delicious on the pork chops. It was fresh berries, lemon juice, cilantro, and a little salt. I seasoned the chops with Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree.
Pork_Other%25252024.jpg

Pork_Other%25252025.jpg

We decided to top this meal off with some home made vanilla ice cream and some grilled pineapple with Pineapple Head of course. :) The wife makes awesome vanilla ice cream that doesn't need anything else, but we like grilled pineapple with it just the same.
Other_Misc%25252076.jpg

Other_Misc%25252078.jpg

It was truly a wonderful weekend.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments