Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SAUSAGE QUEENS MUST

Desert Oasis Woman
Desert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
have nourishment.....
between this

IMG_2913.jpg

and this

IMG_2950.jpg

we must EGG the bones! 12#, 8 shoulder bones, WITH MEAT!, slowly smoked with Ripnem's hand shucked apple wood.....several hours (6hrs @ 250) low and slow dry, then several hours low and slow (6hrs @ 250, partially covered in 2" water and HDAF) in Kitchen Aide oval roaster, compliments of Photo Egg and CraftyPezHead

IMG_2867.jpg

then cooled, and transferred into 2 containers with dark beer and water, in oven (250 for 3-4hrs), covered; followed by processing these:

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

Then cooked over Ripnem's CHERRY wood ;) from 1030----till we finished stuffing the last 50#s around 630! Added 32 oz hominy, 1/4 cup fresh minced garlic, S&P, 1/4 cup oregano, a squeeze of lime, and LOVE from Molly :kiss:

KILLER DINNER! mild, rich, deep, and

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg

Ku and Cookn biker heated tortillas the old fashioned way :pinch:

IMG_2943.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    ALL HAIL the QUEENS!!! ;) A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!Let me know ahead of time the next time ya'll plan this.I will see that there is a few quarts of ORIGINAL "Hoss'" apple pie present for the occasion.(disclamier)I am NOT the one that came up with/originated the apple pie shine.I just put the Magic to it. ;) :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    It would be nice if you could describe the flavors of those final samples...Jeeze

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/Desert_Oasis_Woman/Memorial 2011 with Molly/IMG_2950.jpg

The one one the left is andoulle, next is Scillian-Italian wine and cheese, and lastly, The Linguisa.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Molly, I am glad you are having so much fun with Kari and Ku but please save some vacation time for the rest of us. We really need you at the next gathering!!!!! You look happy and relaxed so the job must be agreeing with you - sure hope so.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Molly has had a lot of stuffing eggsperience this weekend :whistle:

IMG_2937.jpg

She is brainstorming on other sausage flavors as we try to decide which sausage to make next!!! Way too many intoxicating smell sensations :woohoo:

She IS considering a NEW CAREER as professional sausage winch at Carnival (cruise lines :evil: )
  • cookn biker
    U suc
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great post Kari and it looks like a great weekend. You guys got a lot done! The sausage looks wonderful. :)

Blair

• we will!
    thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks
    hard labor but well worth it!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    WOW! What a weekend!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that weekend :laugh:
  • Wow, no screwing around for you two this weekend! Is Ku cracking the whip on you, or what?
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    No, Ku had pool cleaning duty --MAJOR CLEANING DUTY :blink:

But now pool is clean as a whistle :laugh:

Sure felt good to jump in with temp over 100 F

DOW
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Got to ask: was Ku drinking real heavy this weekend :laugh:
    You two are an EggFest by yourselves :woohoo:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    this is know as pozole in mexico!!!
    Wow!!!
    great job!!!
  • same in New Mexico, but Molly was micro-managing my post :pinch:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    What a treat!!!! :) Sausage and Posole. I am absolutely drooling.

I've always been impressed with you two, but now I'm speechless. Sure wish I was down there in New Mexico to sous for the two of you.
  • next time! for sure!!
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Wow!! everything looks killer :)

Shane
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    So cool! Would love to taste both the sausage and the stew, they both look so good. Congrats on a successful weekend of cooking.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Yowzah! After the crap you have me for not g getting to be a sausage maker I had extraordinary pangs of jealousy. But now even more so! I made some Apple pie thanks to my fellow Eggers, but it doesn't measure up. Looks wonderful.