Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BIG Thank You !

Options
funk49
funk49 Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally didn't ruin the Ribs! :)
3 hours at 250*, 2 hours foiled at 275*
When I removed them from the foil they looked pretty much like in the pic'. I tried the "Bend Test" and I guess they failed. They fell apart. :laugh: So I just saused them for about 10 minutes and took them off.
My wife said they were the best she ever had. :) I thought they were pretty good too.........for once.
Thanks for your help here on the forum. :)
They may not look too good, but they sure tasted good!
IMG_20110530_151410.jpg

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    They look fantastic! Time for dinner! :laugh:
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • funk49
    Options
    It took 4 tries to get it about right. They may be a little overcooked, but that is a vast improvement. Usually they would come out dry and tough. I was undercooking them. Next time I might try an hour and a half foiled instead of 2 hours. That should leave a little more time to finish them off better. All in all they were fall apart tender. That won't win any awards, but that is how I like them. :)
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    Great Job!
    My first couple rib cooks I panicked and pulled them early...its a leap of faith but once you trust the process all is good. I am gratefull for this forum also. :)
  • funk49
    Options
    I would have never got this close to good ribs if it wasn't for this forum. I was frustrated and about to give up. I'm glad I didn't. :)