Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Memorial Day Ribs

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 12:12PM in EggHead Forum
Another wonderful weekend with the EGG, friends and ribs!
We were especially honored as one of our guests is a Marine with a new bride. He is ready to redeploy to Afgan for a second tour. His being with us made Memorial Day even more special!

IMG_8345.jpg
·

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,583
    Phil, absolutely picture perfect ribs, bet they tasted good too!
    Gary
    canuckland
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,081
    Those are some might fine looking ribs! Thanks for the photo!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Those ribs look like a good start at thanking that young Marine for his service. So proud of those guys!
    ·
  • Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
    He is a great guy and is wife is a sweetie. I wish them both lots of luck and success.
    ·
    Thanks. These were some of the best we have done. Five hours of love pays off!
    ·
    Gary:
    They were outstanding. My hat's off to the pig!
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    Great Ribs!!!
    Congrats...
    They look awesome!!!
    How where they cooked?
    ·
  • bbqnutbbqnut Posts: 10
    Great looking ribs! I used the process you outlined on the youtube video (found it after purchasing my Egg) and the ribs turned out great. I cooked for a couple friends of mine and they said the ribs were the best they've had. Thanks!
    ·
    Glad you enjoyed them. I think the video helps folks out when they are trying to learn the process. Check out the one on "Cookin Butt and Takin Names."
    ·
    225 for 3 hours, then wrapped in foil and cooked for another 1.5 hours then basted for about thirty minutes with Uncle Phil's Famous BBQ Sauce. Here is my video on YouTube... Over 74,000 views! Wow, can't believe it.
    ·