Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Egg is bleeding!!!

GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited 6:38PM in EggHead Forum
So I've been at 700 for two hours...I guess that gunk has to go somewhere...how do I clean it off? Magic Eraser?

IMAG0100.jpg
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,911
    While it's still warm just some water and paper towels will work, I don't think a magic eraser would hurt but don't want to say go ahead as I haven't used one other then to clean walls and counters that my kid has written on ;) :laugh:
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    ibid what Scott said ;)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Is that a Large?

If so, doesn't look like the right nest, as most of the larges I've seen have the double legs.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Like others said but wipe it off while it's still warm, tough to get it off once it dries
    ·
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    It's my medium...about 5 years old...
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,911
    How do you operate the lower vent with the leg of the nest coming across it?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
    I don't....moved egg...bolts were loose so egg shifted.... I'll fix before next cook...when i replace the gasket...
    ·
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    As others has said it is much easier while it is still warm. Now after it has cooled I have used Dawn Power Dissolver and let it soak a little, wipe down, and then rinse. It has worked well for me with no problems. Now this is for the OUTSIDE only. Well, I have used it on my cooking grids also and I'm still here. Wouldn't use it on the inside of the EGG though. Mike
    ·
  • How do you operate your lower vent with the leg of the stand in the way??
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Not to mention you will never be able to close the lower vent with it being behind the leg of the nest. or from the looks of that pic, you will never be able to open the screen...
    ·
    Both vent and screen move...but again, that just happened when i moved it the other day...nest bolts need tightened...after clean and new gasket on, I'll reposition to make vent clear the nest...
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    It's easy to overlook when putting a heavy egg back in the nest..
    ·