Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carnivore ribs are lookin good

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner is gonna be great,I can tell already :P I have 2 racks of baby backs chugging along on the XL.These were rubbed generously with Carnivores' own "Rub Me Raw" :)

017-25.jpg

019-19.jpg

Carson is enjoying the baby pool,that I bought for his little brother :lol:

015-8.jpg

022-5.jpg

026-4.jpg

Anyway,I will post pics of the final meal,but I really wanted to thank everyone who is serving/or has served for our wonderful country.My father served in the Army during the Vietnam War,and this is one of the 2 days a year that I am actually proud of him/or even think about him :( I still take out his Purple Heart and thank him for serving our country....

003-26.jpg

009-20.jpg

Bless our troops

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Sparky, what a touching post. Thanks for sharing your father's purple heart from the Vietnam War. You should be very proud.

Post the finished pics of the Carnivore ribs. I've gone through 1 1/2 bottles of the Carinivore rub in the past 3 days. Seems as if Carson know the place to be in this heat wave. :)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you Rebecca,and I am proud ;) I will finish these ribs with Carnivore "sweet sauce",they should be tasty :woohoo:
  • hvac4u
    hvac4u Posts: 1
    Options
    Sparky, i have lurked this forum for over 7 years, but because i do not have an egg (i have other ceramics) i never joined the group. your post changed this. i am now an "egghead". God Bless your father, and what he did to preserve the freedoms we now enjoy. thank you for posting this.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you hvac4u,I'm glad that I could help convert you B) Welcome to my large list of friends/"the cult" :) :laugh:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Wow, Doug! You sure know how to make an old man "tear up". :sick: Very nice post.....especially the part about your Father.
    Now, on the other hand.........why is it my invitations keep getting lost in the mail?! :laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Good post, Doug, and thanks to your dad for his service to our fair nation.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you sir John "founder of the best fest yet".I am still a little teary eyed myself.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you Jeffersonian :)
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    good post, young man....nothing like the carnivore sauce.. tried some on a hamburger today.. pretty darn tasty... got three bottles of rub... will use some this weekend... enjoy the day with u family....

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you Paul,you do the same ;)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Doug:

Very nice post!

Nice tradition and great way to remember your fathers
    service. My oldest daughter made a shadow box from
    some of my Dad's WWII items.
    That you for the reminder, I should look for it.
    I know it's around here someplace . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • "Sparky"
    Options
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks good buddy,, I put a dent in my supply of Todds stuff today to.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Hey Doug we say where there's good timber there are good splinters :laugh: , good you brought his name up to the forum. Have a great diner buddy
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Hey man, not sure what all is in play here with your dad....but thanks for sharing! We all have things to forgive our dads for....and be proud of them for. Service to our nation, and for the freedom we live under ranks pretty damn highly on the "proud" list for me....and clearly for you. ;)

Today, I stand with you and say thanks.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Nice ribs and post Sparks.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Pat ;) That rub is pretty tasty eh? ;)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thank you Beli,and the ribs were great :woohoo:

045-3.jpg

057-2.jpg

075-1.jpg

Carson(8 yrs old) ate more than any of us :ohmy:

077.jpg
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Brad,and yes,there is a bad history between my father and I,but I still respect his service to our country(especially on Memorial Day and Veterans Day).I was looking at the Purple Heart on Monday(out in my workshop),when my 8 yr old walked in and asked me about it,and why I was holding it.He has never met my father(and never will),but I felt obligated to tell him that his "real" grandfather was a true war hero.I'll wait untill he's older to explain how/why.Anyway,I guess that I'm always proud(for his service),but only think about him on the holidays ;)
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Doug,what was really funny is when we put little Cameron in the pool :laugh:

029.jpg

Apparently he didn't like it :laugh:

034.jpg

He was all happy again,once we put him back in his playpen :lol:

041.jpg

042.jpg

BTW:I just found 2 cans of Spam in the center console of my Jeep :sick: :laugh:

014-1.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You handled it well buddy. Someday Carson will be old enough for the full story but for now he can be proud. Hope everythings well for ya.
  • "Sparky"
    Options
    Thanks Pat.I made a promise to myself years ago,before I had kids(to be a better father than mine ever was),and I'm trying my best to keep that promise.So far,so good ;) And yes,we're doing better now,thx :)