Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Soda cans to raise grate

BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 113
edited 2:58AM in EggHead Forum
Is it ok to use soda cans to raise the grate for a spatchcock chicken cook? Looking for last minute raised grate idea. Don't have bricks or bolts.

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Why not?
    Give it a shot
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Put em in as the egg is heating up so you can burn off any volatiles before they flavor your food.

Doug
  • JCinNVJCinNV Posts: 141
    Heck, I used tomatoe paste cans and aspiregus cans until i made my raised grid :)
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,592
    Beer cans work too ;)
    5542103644_d59a70dd4c_b.jpg
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,042
    That looks like a great idea and gives me further inspiration. After burning them a bit to get rid of VOCs and stomping them down like in the photo, they should be super for putting on a plate setter to raise up a drip pan. Should last forever and save me a lot of aluminum foil.
    Yeah!

:)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • BeerBQBeerBQ Posts: 113
    Thanks to all for the replies...soda cans in egg and spatchcock chicken on.