Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's cook'n

War Green EggWar Green Egg Posts: 17
edited 12:32AM in EggHead Forum
I always like to hear what the eggommunity is cooking on holidays so I can get new ideas. Let me know what your throwing on the egg. Happy Memorial Day.
·

Comments

• milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,337
    Pork Butt, done, cooled, pulled and standing by sauce on the side. Next Italian sausages with asst. peppers, onions. Gonna warm some Bush's grillin' beans the Texas Ranchero type, then some salad from the garden mixed stuff. In Memory of out Fallen. Ronnie.
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I was in Sam's and found packages of 2 whole chickens for 70¢ a pound so I have a couple yard birds for the egg. I am going to make an herb butter with my homemade Herbs de Provence to slather them with and stuff their tender little carcases with slices of onion and lemon, sort of a Mediterranean thing going on there. I will post later.

Have a great Memorial day All and travel safe if on the road,

Blair

·
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,337
    Forgot the Tater salad. Red Skins, not the team, onions, bells & and yellow mustard. Larpin good. :) :) :)
    ·
  • poolguypoolguy Posts: 129
    CWM ribs Then a choc cake.

Happy holiday everyone
    ·
  • BB1857BB1857 Posts: 131
    Did 2 pork picnics yesterday for a BBQ and it came out amazing. Made a new eastern Carolina sauce that was delicious according to everyone. Making a stuffed pork tenderloin today with bacon and Maryland lump crab as the stuffing. Can't wait :P
    ·
  • ClavinClavin Posts: 91
    Going to Sam's Club for a brisket. My mom is coming to Texas from NH and that is her request.

Bacon, my greasy lover. You know how good bacon is? To improve other food, they wrap it in bacon. If it wasn't for bacon, we wouldn't know what a waterchestnut is. - Jim Gaffigan. love that guy

http://www.glumbert.com/media/gaffiganbacon
    ·
  • RU EggsperiencedRU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,526
    Old standby today- Burgers.
    Salmon & ABT's yesterday
    Ribs on Saturday
    Wings on Friday.

Fun Week
    ·
  • Chickens, Blues Burgers, Ranch Beans, corn (roasted on the cob), slaw and potato salad.
    ·