Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Pizza Help

Options
BoroBGE
BoroBGE Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright here is my ordeal:

I prepped my pizza (premade dough from trader joes) put down flour and did everything that I thought I needed to do for an easy transfer to the egg.

Once I was ready to use my peel, I floured it up, but it would not slide under the pizza without sticking. When I finally got the pizza on the peel, then I ran into the same issue trying to get it on the stone.

Finally got it on the stone and it baked fine, but the excess flour was too much for my taste.

Another thing- I put corn meal on the stone, and it immediately started to burn.

Whats the secret here? Parchment paper? Please help!

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I use corn meal & Parchment paper.
    Never any sticking probs!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • BoroBGE
    BoroBGE Posts: 30
    Options
    Do you put the cornmeal on the stone or prep the dough with cornmeal?
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I put the corn meal on the PP and then the dough and
    then work the dough to as near a circle :ermm: as I can get. I trim the PP around the finished pie and leave alittle tab to grab when pulling off the stone.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    As previously stated...parchment paper will solve the issue. Cook the pie on top of the parchment paper and the sticking problem is solved.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    RU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,527
    Options
    I use parchment paper. I leave a little tab of paper sticking out and use it to pull the paper out after a few minutes on the pizza stone... For the Trader Joe's dough, I've found that 550F is a good temp for me..

20110320_Thighs-2.jpg