Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Crab - 3 ways

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Started out with 1 lb. of lump crabmeat:

P5174093.jpg

I wanted a variety, so I decided on Crab Imperial, and Crabmeat Divan with Mornay sauce, and of course, crabcakes. All were cooked at 400 degree dome.

For the Imperial, I used this recipe, added sauteed red onion, red and yellow peppers, and did not use the sauce on top:

http://www.phillipsfoods.com/recipes-cooking-tips/RecipesDetails.aspx?recipeId=253

Veggies getting all soft and nice:

P5174092.jpg

Add the veggies into the crab, along with mayo, worchestershire, butter, and lemon, and pile it into a scallop shell. Here it is on the pizza stone, after some time on the egg:

P5174112.jpg

Next, I lightly steamed some broccoli and lined a scallop shell, then put the plain lump crab on top:

P5174094.jpg

Mornay sauce on top of that - I used smoked swiss cheese in the sauce.
Mornay - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/classic-mornay-sauce-recipe/index.html

Not a pretty pic, the cherry wood made the mornay sauce turn a little brown, but the taste was fantastic:

P5174110.jpg

The crabcakes in the CI skillet - I have posted this recipe a few times here:

P5174096.jpg

The hands down winner of the 3 was the broccoli and Mornay sauce. A definite keeper and crowd pleaser.

Also, thank you to Randy, AZRP. I made his fire roasted salsa and it was great!

The veggies:

P5214114.jpg

P5214115.jpg

The garlic had to stay on longer than the rest, so I egged some veggies along side of it. The garlic head is sitting in a piece of foil with a ball of wadded up foil under it, so it would not be getting direct heat:

P5214116.jpg

You know the garlic is done when it gets all soft and you can pull out a whole clove easily:

P5214119.jpg

I hand chopped it all together, because I wanted to try it kinda rustic and chunky.

P5214123.jpg

We liked it, but I might blend it up next time.

The sunset was prettier than I thought it would be:

P5174103.jpg

Have a great weekend, all my egghead friends!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments