Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Todays \" Bright \" Idea

XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 431
edited 10:42PM in EggHead Forum
Wife has asked for St. Louis style ribs. No problem there. Wife and kids Don't like beans.If I smoke the trim and just leave it in the foil to 200* will it come out something like pulled pork?
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• Vincent ChaseVincent Chase Posts: 146
    Your post is a little confusing at first brotha! I don't think the trimmings would be pulled pork-like to be honest. Pork butt is a really fatty cut which has a lot to do with why you're able to cook it to such a high internal temp. Ribs aren't nearly as fatty and I think you're going to get a really dry product at that temperature. Never did it though so I could be off, but it doesn't sound right to me.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    The trimmins make pretty tastee Q nachos. :)
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 431
    IT WORKED !! I cut the ribs St.louis style and they were just a little wider than Baby backs. I left all of the trim in foil,with a little apple juice after smoking,and ended up with about a pound of pulled pork style meat.The next time I do this I will take pics.There was no shortage of grease when I opened the foil after three hours of sitting on the egg while the ribs were finished and eaten.
    More meat please !! :-)