Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Egg

Options
The Spawn
The Spawn Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Eggheads!

So I'm cooking my first real big cook here in Long Island at the house I moved into. I'm looking for a quick/easy corn on the cob recipe that can be done on the egg.

All and any ideas will be great and helpful!

Thanks!

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Pull the husk back but don't remove. Season the corn to your liking and put a pat of butter on the corn. Replace the husk and wrap the corn tightly in foil. Put on the egg at 350* direct and turn frequently. It is an easy recipe.
  • The Spawn
    The Spawn Posts: 23
    Options
    This is perfect! Thank you so much!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Syd, I just cut the silk off the end and put them on the grill. If you cook indirect you won't need to turn them, direct you will about every 10 minutes. 350 dome temp works for me and about 30-40 minutes. The silk will just fall off when you shuck them. Congrats on the house! -RP
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Remove the husks, grill them for about 10 minutes at 350°, maybe 15 if you think they need it. While they are cooking mix about 3/4 cup of mayo with 1 package of Old Epaso taco mix. Cook off some bacon or get some bacon bits and when the corn is done roll it in the mayo mix, then roll it in the bacon and sprinkle some Cojito cheese on the top.

Works every time.
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Nothin to add to the advice already given, so just a Congrats on the new digs. I'm sure the corn will be delicious. :)
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    bacon wrapped corn yummmm

just husk it, wrap it with bacon and use butchers string to tie it on, grill.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle