Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Locator in SE PA

purcellj
purcellj Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My local Wally World is out of Royal Oak. The only other options are HD/Lowes with Cowboy or BGE lump.

Anyone know of other options in SE-PA?

Thanks
John

P.S. I have plenty for the weekend, but not much more than that.

Comments

• BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    John,

I am not sure what area in SE PA you are in eggsactly but if you have a Wegmans near you check them out. I just bought their lump and it works really well. Good price too at $5.99 for 10lbs.

Down here in central MD the Wally Worlds don't even carry lump at all!!
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    I have been getting Royal Oak here: http://www.therestaurantstore.com/131/store-profile.html
    It's really in New Castle, DE and is about $10.99 for the 18 lb bag. Anyone can shop there- no membership or other requirement. There may be other Restaurant Stores closer to you.

Uglydog
  • purcellj
    BB1857: Thanks! I was stopping at the 202/29 Wegmans on the home tonight anyway.

uglydog: I don't get to DE much (except to evade the PLCB), but there is a restaurant store in Manayunk. Unfortunately it does require membership.
  • bcrawfo2
    bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
    John...how SE-PA are you talking? We did a pallet of Wicked good a while back. I might have a few bags I could let go until we did one again. I'd need to go do an inventory.
    I'm in Newark, DE.
  • BB1857
    John,

No problem at all. I think i read somewhere that Royal Oak actually makes the Wegmans brand.
  • purcellj
    bcrawfo2: I work in West Chester and live in Collegeville, so New Castle is a bit of a haul for a couple of bags of lump.

Thank You Very Much For The Offer!!!

But if push comes to shove I'll survive with Cowboy or BGE or fingers-crossed Wegmans.

Was your pallet purchase a group or personal endeavor?
  • purcellj
    Wegmans hooked me up $5.99/10lbs

Not super, but should be better than Cowboy.
  • BB1857
    Good to hear. I am going to use it for a long cook tomorrow night. I hope it works out well. The naked whiz reviews are pretty decent.
  • bcrawfo2
    bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
    We had a group of about 4 of us.
    It worked out to about $15 per 22 lb bag for Wicked Good
  • DanB
    DanB Posts: 44
    I was in the Exton Wal*Mart this evening and they have a big pile of 10lb bags of Royal Oak, minus the one I took.

- dan
  • purcellj
    I was debating running over to the Exton Wally World at lunch but got too busy. Good to know they have some.
  • Im so excited to see this thread. I just moved up to wilmington DE from Atlanta last weekend. The grill is going right now. I use Cowboy but it sounds like some of you like other brands better?
  • purcellj
    Hey War,
    We might have a Wicked Good bulk buy in the near future. Ping uglydog. But in the meantime, I think you'll find some good alternatives, like RO or variants.
    John

P.S. Phillies rule, Braves stink :)
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    I don't know I missed this thread, good to see another local guy though, I live in west chester. The Wegman's lump is pretty good stuff, I've been using it for years, cheaper than cowboy & usually much bigger chunks. Plus I think cowboy is 8.8lbs & wegmans is 10lbs, & still about $1.00 cheaper per bag... I go to Wegman's every March & clean the place out of about 400lbs to get through the year. One year I got an odd batch that had a strange aroma to it when first lit (almost perfumey), but it burned off pretty quickly & I couldn't taste any difference
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • purcellj
    Hey Zippylip,
    My cook of Wegmans is on right now. Smells good so far. I work at the Q.
    John