Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone else cut their fingers on the vent?

CleatusCleatus Posts: 4
edited 2:18PM in EggHead Forum
Just wondering- the screen seems to "follow" the vent when i open it- no biggie, but when i close it, there is that center tab with the squared off (and very sharp) corners- i got cut good once, and a couple scratches after - i guess i learned my lesson :)

Other than that (which i will fix shortly) I LOVE the egg!!!! Got a pork butt on it right now!!!

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,768
    You also have to be careful lifting the egg if you stick your hand inside the vent opening. You can get cut good that way too!
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Hah :laugh: Don't worry about that, make sure you've had a tetanus shot in the last ten years. In time you'll develop callouses like a guitar player. Wait'll you burn your eyebrows off, :woohoo: can't seem to grow callouses for that.
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Hey!! Why don't yall try cookin on that thing instead of the best 2 out'a 3 take-downs!! It's less bainful!!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I would hate to think what you guys do to yourselves on things that have moving parts! :evil: :silly: :P :laugh:
    No bain no gain ;)
    the dome on the Egg goes up and down,
    up and down, up and down... :whistle:
  • CleatusCleatus Posts: 4
    I give my Egg a nice, home, feed it, put a roof over it...and it does this to me... :laugh:
    Yeah, Frank!! Like pliers and shovels!!
    Ungrateful thang, ain't it!!