Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Attempt a Family Success

Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
edited 9:07PM in EggHead Forum
Last weekend was my first cook on the new Egg. I wanted to try something safe and the family was happy that I choose Busters Drunk Chicken recipe.

DrunkChicken.jpg

With the Memeorial Day Weekend upon us, I hope to have two or three more cooks on my new Egg. Today, I think I am going to try pizza!
·

Comments

• GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Looks great! Good luck with your pizza!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    awwww a clean plate setter and felt :) that will not last long lol. looks good and welcome! enjoy your weekend :) work that egg hard!
    ·
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Good lookin birds! Now wrap those peppers in bacon and stand back! :woohoo:
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Nice job on the birds! The peppers look great too, you're rocking along with that new Egg.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,149
    Nice choice on the first cook. Welcome to the forum. Everything looks good!
    ·
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Beeutaful, Welcome :cheer:
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Welcome and congrats on a great first cook.
    You are gonna love pizza off the Egg. :)

Shane
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Looks like a really nice first cook! :) Welcome to the forum.

Your going to love your pizzas.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,345
    Congrats on your first cook. It looks really good and welcome to the forum. Your cooking fun has just begun. ;)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
    Thanks for the support. Just finished making the dough. I've been making pizza's at home for years, but this will be the first time on a grill. After searching through the forum, it seems there is an art to making several pizza's in succession. So instead of 4 - 9" pizza's I think 2 - 12" pizza's may be better for this newbie. Any suggestions on a nice veggie pizza? The son went off to college as a carnivore and returned as a vegetarian.
    ·