Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Attempt a Family Success

Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
edited 2:23PM in EggHead Forum
Last weekend was my first cook on the new Egg. I wanted to try something safe and the family was happy that I choose Busters Drunk Chicken recipe.

With the Memeorial Day Weekend upon us, I hope to have two or three more cooks on my new Egg. Today, I think I am going to try pizza!

• GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Looks great! Good luck with your pizza!
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    awwww a clean plate setter and felt :) that will not last long lol. looks good and welcome! enjoy your weekend :) work that egg hard!
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Good lookin birds! Now wrap those peppers in bacon and stand back! :woohoo:
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    Nice job on the birds! The peppers look great too, you're rocking along with that new Egg.
    Knoxville, TN
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,614
    Nice choice on the first cook. Welcome to the forum. Everything looks good!
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Beeutaful, Welcome :cheer:
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Welcome and congrats on a great first cook.
    You are gonna love pizza off the Egg. :)

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Looks like a really nice first cook! :) Welcome to the forum.

Your going to love your pizzas.
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,356
    Congrats on your first cook. It looks really good and welcome to the forum. Your cooking fun has just begun. ;)
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
    Thanks for the support. Just finished making the dough. I've been making pizza's at home for years, but this will be the first time on a grill. After searching through the forum, it seems there is an art to making several pizza's in succession. So instead of 4 - 9" pizza's I think 2 - 12" pizza's may be better for this newbie. Any suggestions on a nice veggie pizza? The son went off to college as a carnivore and returned as a vegetarian.