Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Attempt a Family Success

Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend was my first cook on the new Egg. I wanted to try something safe and the family was happy that I choose Busters Drunk Chicken recipe.

DrunkChicken.jpg

With the Memeorial Day Weekend upon us, I hope to have two or three more cooks on my new Egg. Today, I think I am going to try pizza!
·

Comments

• GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Looks great! Good luck with your pizza!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    awwww a clean plate setter and felt :) that will not last long lol. looks good and welcome! enjoy your weekend :) work that egg hard!
    ·
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Good lookin birds! Now wrap those peppers in bacon and stand back! :woohoo:
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Nice job on the birds! The peppers look great too, you're rocking along with that new Egg.
    ·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 1,467
    Nice choice on the first cook. Welcome to the forum. Everything looks good!
    ·
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Beeutaful, Welcome :cheer:
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Welcome and congrats on a great first cook.
    You are gonna love pizza off the Egg. :)

Shane
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Looks like a really nice first cook! :) Welcome to the forum.

Your going to love your pizzas.
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,304
    Congrats on your first cook. It looks really good and welcome to the forum. Your cooking fun has just begun. ;)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Devil'D EggDevil'D Egg Posts: 79
    Thanks for the support. Just finished making the dough. I've been making pizza's at home for years, but this will be the first time on a grill. After searching through the forum, it seems there is an art to making several pizza's in succession. So instead of 4 - 9" pizza's I think 2 - 12" pizza's may be better for this newbie. Any suggestions on a nice veggie pizza? The son went off to college as a carnivore and returned as a vegetarian.
    ·