Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

La Bomba Sauce in Ottawa

EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife's cousin from Ottawa is coming to our house for the week end in a couple of weeks. So I figure I could get a couple of things like Maple Syrup (not the B stuff) and La Bomba. She hasn't heard of it.

So my question is: where in Ottawa can my wife's cousin fine La Bomba Sauce in Otawa ? Would it be at Labaw's ?

Thanks.

Enjoy your week end.

GAry

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Loblaws should have it. There are a couple of guys on here from the area, Chef Charles, LDD, Ottawa egger and maybe MCR. If he/she is driving and going through one of the crossings on the west side of Lake Ontario I can give directions to the importer. It is in the condiments section of most of the grocery chains here. If not, any Italian market will have it. The Allessia brand is what you want. (there are several manufacturers)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    Gary,

Which part of Ottawa is your wife's cousin from?
    Where are you from yourself?

A grocery store few miles from my place carry it. At my last visit they had a few bottles left. I bought one myself.

Send me an email....
    Marc
  • EGGARY
    I live in the Canoga Park, part of Los Angeles. West End of Ottawa. Craig Henry
  • MCR
    Gary,

I'm a bit further west than your wife's cousin, maybe 15 - 20 minutes away. The store in question does carry the Allessia brand... the one that Steve is talking about.

I could check if you want... How many cases do you need?
    Marc
  • EGGARY
    I just want a couple of jars. I am curious to try it.

Thanks.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Marc,

Hahaha!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MCR
    Steve,

Just checking... in case

P.S. Thanks for the typo correction!
    Marc
  • MCR
    Gary,

It's your lucky day... I went to that store for our groceries and pick up few jars for you.

Guest what? They were on special... part of the weekly specials, they were $ 1.00 OFF.

So I got 3 (three) jars of 10.6 oz at $ 6.99 each. You are welcome to take 2 or all 3.
    Marc