Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Beef

DunwoodyBBQDunwoodyBBQ Posts: 1
edited 2:11PM in EggHead Forum
planning on using 2-3 5lb chuck roasts--Bone in or not? wanted to get a few ideas about how long they will take at about 250. should they stay on straight thru the cook or come off to avoid drying out? should they be rubbed and let sit overnight or just rubbed with mustard before putting on? all suggestions welcome!

GET READY TO FIRE IT UP THIS WEEKEND!!

Comments

• dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    I did about a 4 lb top sirloin last weekend that turned freakin' delicious.

I was trying to find the post that gave me the idea so original poster could get the credit but I was unsuccesful in my search.

The short description is rubbed then light the egg, set up indirect on grill with dome at 250-270F until internal temp reached about 170F. Put it in a dutch oven with garden cocktail and put back on the BGE until internal temp rose to 208F. Let it rest for about 1/2 hour then pulled.
    I think this would work on your Chucks. I will do it this way often.
    DSC03636.jpg
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    What's a garden cocktail?
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Check out Clay's pulled beef in the recipe section - it's mightyfine
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Dunwoody, GA? I grew up there and am still in the metro ATL.
    generic for V8
    Yes I believe that was the recipe that inspired me :) I didn't get quite as elaborate at the end however :laugh: