Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lump Locator in SE PA

purcelljpurcellj Posts: 44
edited 6:17PM in EggHead Forum
My local Wally World is out of Royal Oak. The only other options are HD/Lowes with Cowboy or BGE lump.

Anyone know of other options in SE-PA?

Thanks
John

P.S. I have plenty for the weekend, but not much more than that.
·

Comments

• BB1857BB1857 Posts: 131
    John,

I am not sure what area in SE PA you are in eggsactly but if you have a Wegmans near you check them out. I just bought their lump and it works really well. Good price too at $5.99 for 10lbs.

Down here in central MD the Wally Worlds don't even carry lump at all!!
    ·
  • uglydoguglydog Posts: 256
    I have been getting Royal Oak here: http://www.therestaurantstore.com/131/store-profile.html
    It's really in New Castle, DE and is about $10.99 for the 18 lb bag. Anyone can shop there- no membership or other requirement. There may be other Restaurant Stores closer to you.

Uglydog
    ·
  • purcelljpurcellj Posts: 44
    BB1857: Thanks! I was stopping at the 202/29 Wegmans on the home tonight anyway.

uglydog: I don't get to DE much (except to evade the PLCB), but there is a restaurant store in Manayunk. Unfortunately it does require membership.
    ·
  • bcrawfo2bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
    John...how SE-PA are you talking? We did a pallet of Wicked good a while back. I might have a few bags I could let go until we did one again. I'd need to go do an inventory.
    I'm in Newark, DE.
    ·
    John,

No problem at all. I think i read somewhere that Royal Oak actually makes the Wegmans brand.
    ·
    bcrawfo2: I work in West Chester and live in Collegeville, so New Castle is a bit of a haul for a couple of bags of lump.

Thank You Very Much For The Offer!!!

But if push comes to shove I'll survive with Cowboy or BGE or fingers-crossed Wegmans.

Was your pallet purchase a group or personal endeavor?
    ·
    Wegmans hooked me up $5.99/10lbs

Not super, but should be better than Cowboy.
    ·
    Good to hear. I am going to use it for a long cook tomorrow night. I hope it works out well. The naked whiz reviews are pretty decent.
    ·
  • bcrawfo2bcrawfo2 Posts: 85
    We had a group of about 4 of us.
    It worked out to about $15 per 22 lb bag for Wicked Good
    ·
  • DanBDanB Posts: 44
    I was in the Exton Wal*Mart this evening and they have a big pile of 10lb bags of Royal Oak, minus the one I took.

- dan
    ·
    I was debating running over to the Exton Wally World at lunch but got too busy. Good to know they have some.
    ·
  • Im so excited to see this thread. I just moved up to wilmington DE from Atlanta last weekend. The grill is going right now. I use Cowboy but it sounds like some of you like other brands better?
    ·
    Hey War,
    We might have a Wicked Good bulk buy in the near future. Ping uglydog. But in the meantime, I think you'll find some good alternatives, like RO or variants.
    John

P.S. Phillies rule, Braves stink :)
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    I don't know I missed this thread, good to see another local guy though, I live in west chester. The Wegman's lump is pretty good stuff, I've been using it for years, cheaper than cowboy & usually much bigger chunks. Plus I think cowboy is 8.8lbs & wegmans is 10lbs, & still about $1.00 cheaper per bag... I go to Wegman's every March & clean the place out of about 400lbs to get through the year. One year I got an odd batch that had a strange aroma to it when first lit (almost perfumey), but it burned off pretty quickly & I couldn't taste any difference
    ·
    Hey Zippylip,
    My cook of Wegmans is on right now. Smells good so far. I work at the Q.
    John
    ·