Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Been gone for a while

Luvs to shoot clayLuvs to shoot clay Posts: 771
edited 11:51AM in EggHead Forum
I have been off the forum for several months now. I got transferred from China to Algeria (out of the chicken pot and into the fire) on a new rig. Been busy getting all the work stuff lined out but it's all coming together finally got some time to lurk around the forum again.

Willy
·

Comments

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,765
    Well shoot, don't stay gone that long again :side:

Good to see you back on!
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,699
    Kinda figured something like that had happened. Welcome back.

Spring "Stuck Here Forever And Like It Like That" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,339
    You have been missed, hang around as often as you can. How bout shooting some pics of the locals, etc. :) :) :) Ronnie.
    ·
  • kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 400
    Welcome back Willy, we missed ya.

·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Great to see you back Willy! Glad you are ok.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Thanks guys and gals. As always you put a smile on my face! B)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Got to ask. When we put on the Salado Egghead Gathering we had clicks on Spring Chickens website for it from China. Was that you?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    welcome back. sounds like a real adventure, man. keep us posted
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Probably so. I left there the middle of November. Sorry it wasn't someone important!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Well I can't speak for Chicken, but I think you are important :laugh:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,839
    Welcome Willy albeit a short visit. BTW I thought you were aging some meat to be ready when you came back. How did that go for you?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Good to see you posting again.

Kent
    ·
  • Wow, what a memory you have! Yes, I did age a "Prime" rig eye for 42 days. I think it went about 10 days too long, wasn't much left. What started out about 11" across wound up being about 4 1/2" across. It was still very good but too much shrinkage for me. I have also found I like the "Choice" grade rib eyes better. Not as much fat. Probably why the "Prime" shrunk so much. Not a total wast of money but I won't let the next one go so long. Thanks for asking.
    ·