Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Six racks on a large???

Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
edited 5:21PM in EggHead Forum
Anybody got pics of how one does six racks of ribs on a large? I've only done three racks and am starting to get concerned doing so many tomorrow. :S
·

Comments

• BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,434

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Beautiful! Now if I just had the Grill Store rig all would be right with the world. B)
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,955
    Morning Rich:

Don't have an pics of six racks on a Large, but do have a post of six racks on a Medium...CLICK HERE

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,336
    I did 6 the other day here at the shop (we recently got our shipment of Eggs® for the store) in a rib rack. I normally like to cook them flat, but this actually worked really well. Flip them at the halfway point, and when putting them in and taking them out, be gentle so you don't scrape off the rub.

Was surprised how well they cooked.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    [reply deleted: deemed not worthy by morrobayrich] hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • I do six all the time in a rib rack. It is a little tight on the 2 on the outside but trust me they will fit and come out great.
    ·
    THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS GROUP!! :woohoo:
    Thanks. That nagging feeling I had all last night has been placated.
    Thanks again. :side:
    ·
    Cris,
    Considering they will be coated with your rub, I will be especially careful.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,003
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
    Jay,
    Still remember your shrimp on the Mini from my first after party at the Eggtoberfest.
    ·
    You got to love it.
    Earlier there was a posting about doing a split pig on the Egg. From this pic one has to wonder "Why bother if you can do ten pig's worth of ribs on a large?"
    Off to the store to buy them out of ribs. ;)
    ·
  • Chief ChefChief Chef Posts: 199
    I did mine this way. 8 racks. It was my first cook ever and I was nervous - turned out perfectly though. Had to trim the end two racks a little.
    ribsonBGE.jpg
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I did six slabs of Baby Back ribs. I used my AR and I plan to do it again on Sunday using spare ribs trimmed St Louis style. Tim :)

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=922699&catid=1
    ·