Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone going to Hico Texas Ribeye cookoff Saturday

Tailgate
Tailgate Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looks like fun.. hope there are some Eggers their cooking the winning ribeyes.

http://www.texassteakcookoff.com/

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :( One a these days! :) I have wanted to go to that ever since I saw a show about it on TV several years ago.
  • Tailgate
    Tailgate Posts: 56
    I'll try to post some pics :)
    I saw the Food Network program too.. nothing more intimidating than having a couple of hard core cowboy ranchers judge your steak!
  • Bigjohn
    Bigjohn Posts: 144
    I just looked it up and it appears it happened last Saturday.
  • BHall235
    BHall235 Posts: 32
    It was last Sat the 21st. We went and it was painfull to be there and NOT be cooking!!! We left right before the storm blew in so didnt get to see final cooking. BUT we will be there for sure next year with eggs a blazin!!
    It happens every year 3 Sat in May!!

Brent and Lisa
    Granbury Tx
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    I watched the show on Food Network a few days ago and came to the conclusion that just about any experienced Egghead could win that contest. Why don't you take your Egg along and enter. Gotta be more fun than watching those guys trying to win with not-so-good-looking steaks.

Spring "Steak Loves Eggs And Eggs Love Steaks" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Brent, I was told it was invitation only to cook. Is it open to all?
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • BHall235
    BHall235 Posts: 32
    I know a couple of years ago it was open to all.....I didnt look into it till it was full this year but have it marked so I will start looking in January for next year!

There were atleast 2 teams with eggs there...one kinda looked like they knew what they were doing! The other had 1 egg and about 20 cooks .....well maybe one cook and 19 supervisors???? Come to think of it they might have had a Government sticker on that egg???...LOL

Brent and Lisa
    Granbury Tx
  • Greenman72
    Greenman72 Posts: 20
    Make sure you stop by the Koffee Kup Kafe on the way!!!