Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs & Dolphins

Options
Capt Frank
Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some friends over last night for ribs. I love my new AR w/oval grids, stone and slider, it is a rib cooking machine. I just got my second one to take up to Cincinnati.
5758743871_e3c9e38587.jpg
P5240023 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Pot of beans ready for the small
5758744335_ee905f8842.jpg
P5240025 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
This little DO is perfect on the small/platesetter
5759289456_d22e389b04.jpg
P5240026 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Corn on for the last hour
5758745909_e4b9491779.jpg
P5240028 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Ribs ready to serve, sorry, no plated pics, we were to hungry
5759291112_e370460a10.jpg
P5240030 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Went out fishing this morning and two friends decided to go along
5758746915_ab8a606d35.jpg
P5250034 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
These guys stayed alongside for about a mile through the idle speed zone
5759292042_697f3e07e0.jpg
P5250035 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
Not much luck fishing, but a beautiful day on the water! :)
Thanks for looking :)

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Frank, the cook looks so good. Your friends surely enjoyed it. I know how cool it was hanging with the dolphins, I love it when that happens!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Thanks Faith, those were Publix ribs, they were exceptionally meaty.
    I wish I been able to get better pics of the dolphins. the sun was bright and the viewing screen is hard to see, especially w/sunglasses. One of them got behind the boat and had his snount under the swim ladder. It was like he was playing chicken w/ the prop. It was obvious that they were having fun. :laugh:
  • The Bone
    The Bone Posts: 14
    Options
    Capn', where did you get those grille grates?
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Bone, that is the Adjustable Rig from www.ceramicgrillstore.com, The rib cook was no big deal, I do them all the time, but I love bragging on this equipment and I thought folks would enjoy the dolphins.
    The owner [Tom] is one of us and a super nice guy. Go on his website and look around. This particular setup is the oval grid combo, the slide guide combo, and the oval stone. You will see there are many options, this one is perfect for ribs. The equipment is top quality and customer service is the best. If you have questions, give him a call. I sound like a stockholder but I am not, just a very satisfied customer :) :cheer:
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Nice pics of the rack system...it makes me want one!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    I've got the same set up with oval grid and grid extender. Only way I will ever do ribs now.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY