Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6 hour brisket

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pat served the most heavenly brisket at the Fl sunshine fest. Or I was starved form Poot over working poor Bree and I :(
So I decided to give it a shot and see how it really worked. I have only done two.. the first one was shoe leather even after a few hours in the crock pot the next day. the second one I did when Stike and his family came to lunch in FL last winter. :pinch: but fate was kind to me and it was edible. the platter was empty anyways LOL.
IMAG0341-1.jpg
this was a flat just a hair over 6 lbs and was rubbed down with Montreal steak seasoning and onto the egg direct at 350 for 1.5 hours flip and repeat.when I took it off at this point it was at 205 at the thick part.
IMAG0343-1.jpg
notice the frogmat! it wiped clean once again!!
Then into a foil pan with seasoned broth and staid there for 3 more hours.
IMAG0348-2.jpg
I thought I NEEDED to trim that lower left corner off to fit in the pan :whistle: I cut it with the edge of my tongs. that is how tender it was after 3 hours at 350. I very very surprised.
IMAG0350-1.jpg
IMAG0351-1.jpg
I need to get the batteries charged in my camera these are with my cell and are lousy I know. but the meat is to die for! not much of a smoke ring but tender and juicy and the flavor was wonderful! Now if I just had Davids flat bread to eat with it!! used Carnivore sweet sauce to finish it :)

Comments