Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Distributer Gives Mini to Deployed Soldier

2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job Mickey!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey, you sure know how to make things happen! Kudos, my friend B)
  • N.E. Egger
    N.E. Egger Posts: 39
    I'm in for some money when needed. As for packing how about some of those thick blankets like the moving companies use or if think those will add too much weight to the shipping cost how about the foam egg crates. Might be a better cushion better than bubble wrap.
    Glenn
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Peterplant76 wrote:
    Hey Ya'll,

I would like to thank Mickey, the distributer, and everyone at the forum for contributing to this project and making this a reality.

HungryMan: I will see about getting the shirt on a tank for ya but I don't know about any action shots. lol. Thanks for the shirt though.

Everyone Else: If there is anything yall need from this side of the world don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Again,
    Chris

Chris, you just stay safe and know that there are many, many, many patriots here at home that so greatly appreciate the sacrifices of all our service men and women. I come from a family of soldiers and sailors past and present, and am so humbled by what their families endure on our behalf. You all stay on my prayer list permanently.

Mickey - when you get it nailed down, count me in to help.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Wonder how many camel parts he can get on the mini? Should we as a group upgrade him to a small??
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Those folks at Paragon have to be the best in the country! IMHO
    Imagine what it would be like if more Dist.
    had their enthusiasm and engery! WOW
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Many Clinks of the snifter glass to Ted at Paragon Distributing stepping up to the plate, Mickey for all the leg work, Russ Allen for stoking the fire and Chris for thinking of his men.

5594171832_0acd81f90f.jpg

Mickey, count me in for $’s or whatever is needed.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Richard he ownes a Med at home. He wants the Mini for there.
    Just asking: do you do a camel hump hot and fast or slow?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Count us in! We'll be glad to help sweeten the pot. Let us know how much $ you need.

Please pass on our thanks to Chris and his fellow soldiers for their service.

And, Mickey, give yourself a big pat on the back. Another job well done!

Jeri & Cary
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    What size egg we need for this dish???

Camel, Stuffed

INGREDIENTS:
    1 whole camel, medium size
    1 whole lamb, large size
    20 whole chickens, medium size
    60 eggs
    12 kg rice
    2 kg pine nuts
    2 kg almonds
    1 kg pistachio nuts
    110 gallons water
    5 lbs black pepper
    Salt to taste

Procedure:
    1 Skin, trim and clean camel, lamb, and chicken. Boil until tender. Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice. Hard boil eggs and peel. Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice. Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens. Add more rice. Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice. Broil over large charcoal pit until brown. Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice. Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts. Serves friendly crowd of 80-100.

Recipe Type
    Humor, Main Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: Shararazod Eboli Home Economist, Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Source: Kamado, 2003/10/05
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Please let me know about $$$ for shipping - I'd love to help. I've emailed a bit with the soldier - putting together a supply of spices, rubs, and his favorite - Dale's sauce/marinade. A couple of friends have joined me in this and we'll get the box in the mail soon. I'm so proud to see folks stepping up...that mini is going to get a serious work-out! :laugh:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Elizabeth is Chris from near you. He is from Alabama.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    He is from Eufala - southeast corner - between Montgomery and Dothan. I live in Mobile - southwest corner....

I'm so happy he posted his question. Clearly he wasn't looking for a freebie - just needed a bit of help. I'm honored to send a care package his way -

Can you email your info to me - I'll be glad to help with shipping cost on the mini and lump. my email addy is empressyaya at yahoo dot com