Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Split chicken breast

Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wayfields had split chicken breast for .98 a pound. Bought 8 iils and seasoned about 4 llbs to egg for dinner. I chopped up fresh cilantro and drizzled olive oil and adobo seasoning for the marinade. Heated the egg up to 250 with the platesetter and cooked the splits to 160. A tad bit underspiced for myself but dinner guest thought they rocked. I dipped mine in baby rays BBQ sauce. The remaining chicken will be combined with rice and stuffed into fresh bell peppers.
While the egg was hot, I burnt off the build up.....noting like an egg at 750 for 1 hour..............WOW.....is all I can say. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Metalhead, My one large egg is gunk ed up bad. I may have to go 1200F for 2 hours to burn my chicken and pork and burger reminents. :woohoo:

Your split breast cook sounds great. I'm a chicken eating mamer jammer. :P
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey Jan, hope you are well. Yea the breasts have been on sale forever it seems. I have several packages in the freezer. Cooking chicken often definately forces you to get creative with the flavoring.
  • Metalhead
    I just bought a small chest freezer, so I will be stocking up. I love the egg. I remember being a child and eating chicken breast cooked to 400 degrees f. I am so glad that I know the correct temp to cook a breast to, it makes the chicken so moist.
  • Metalhead
    you only have 1 large? LOL and you call yourself an Egghead....just teasing.

My platesetter and egg were brutal looking, my gasket has been shot for 2 years so I figured WTH, I mine as well burn it back white.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    No I have two large eggs. One is gunked up. The other I sear on all the time. :laugh:
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    So did it actually burn back white? My medium dome is gunked up good!
  • Metalhead
    the platesetter and the side body appeared to be turning back white. I didn't open it yet to see the dome. I had that thang way up high, flames shooting out the top and heat radiating 3 foot from the egg. It will burn off a lot of gunk but it usually burns the gasket off also, in my eggsperience. Like I mentioned earlier.....my gasket is shot already. I need to break down and buy the rutland for this egg also.
  • Metalhead
    Just bought a 5 cu ft freezer, so I can now purchase my meat while on sale. i have that crazy side by side fridge which doesn't even accommodate a frozen pizza. ( a staple for a single gal)

Luckily I have a food saver so I can buy in bulk and repackage. wow oh wow...I gots some shopping to do!!!!!!!! :P :P