Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Split chicken breast

MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
edited 9:50PM in EggHead Forum
Wayfields had split chicken breast for .98 a pound. Bought 8 iils and seasoned about 4 llbs to egg for dinner. I chopped up fresh cilantro and drizzled olive oil and adobo seasoning for the marinade. Heated the egg up to 250 with the platesetter and cooked the splits to 160. A tad bit underspiced for myself but dinner guest thought they rocked. I dipped mine in baby rays BBQ sauce. The remaining chicken will be combined with rice and stuffed into fresh bell peppers.
While the egg was hot, I burnt off the build up.....noting like an egg at 750 for 1 hour..............WOW.....is all I can say. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Metalhead, My one large egg is gunk ed up bad. I may have to go 1200F for 2 hours to burn my chicken and pork and burger reminents. :woohoo:

Your split breast cook sounds great. I'm a chicken eating mamer jammer. :P
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey Jan, hope you are well. Yea the breasts have been on sale forever it seems. I have several packages in the freezer. Cooking chicken often definately forces you to get creative with the flavoring.
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    I just bought a small chest freezer, so I will be stocking up. I love the egg. I remember being a child and eating chicken breast cooked to 400 degrees f. I am so glad that I know the correct temp to cook a breast to, it makes the chicken so moist.
    ·
    you only have 1 large? LOL and you call yourself an Egghead....just teasing.

My platesetter and egg were brutal looking, my gasket has been shot for 2 years so I figured WTH, I mine as well burn it back white.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    No I have two large eggs. One is gunked up. The other I sear on all the time. :laugh:
    ·
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    So did it actually burn back white? My medium dome is gunked up good!
    ·
    the platesetter and the side body appeared to be turning back white. I didn't open it yet to see the dome. I had that thang way up high, flames shooting out the top and heat radiating 3 foot from the egg. It will burn off a lot of gunk but it usually burns the gasket off also, in my eggsperience. Like I mentioned earlier.....my gasket is shot already. I need to break down and buy the rutland for this egg also.
    ·
    Just bought a 5 cu ft freezer, so I can now purchase my meat while on sale. i have that crazy side by side fridge which doesn't even accommodate a frozen pizza. ( a staple for a single gal)

Luckily I have a food saver so I can buy in bulk and repackage. wow oh wow...I gots some shopping to do!!!!!!!! :P :P
    ·